January 2014 February 2014 March 2014 April 2014 May 2014 June 2014 August 2014 September 2013 October 2013 November 2013 December 2013
Current Meeting Minutes:
VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA
PO BOX 60358
SAVANNAH, GA 31420
Minutes of Meeting
September 8, 2014
Meeting Started at 7:04 PM
Meeting was called to order by President Allen Harvey at 7:04 pm in American Legion Post 135.
Moment of silence for POW/MIAs was observed by all present.
Opening prayer was given by Chaplain Leroy Pace
Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all members.
Minutes from the August meeting were read by Secretary Bob Stark and approved by all.
Treasurer's report - none given
1. Poppy Drive - announced that we need more volunteers for the last shift.
2. Membership dues for the POW/MIA League of Families was reported as not paid.
3. Progress on the POW/MIA Ceremony is complete and ready to go.
4. Scholarship check was presented to Denisha Green by President Harvey. Scholarship was in the amount of $500.00.
5. Veteran of the year - Henry Mc Gowan was complete and nominated to the Veterans Council.
Bud Hunt gave a report about Patriot Paws who trained dog strictly for veterans
ROTC Committee - No report given
Tee Shirt - Design for this year's Tee Shirts were shown by chairman of the committee Stark. A motion was made by Bud Hunt and seconded by Leroy Pace to print this year's Tee Shirts on a Gold tee shirt. Motion carried. A $50.00 gift card to an Applebee's restaurant was given to Jerry Emsweller for the best tee shirt design.
Veterans Council - No report was given due to their meeting was being held the same time as our meeting.
Events and Fundraising - Poppy drives for September will be held at Pooler Walmart on the 13th.
Good of the Order
It was announced there will be a stand down at the Civic center September 16th.
Flag was saluted by all.
Closing Prayer was given by Chaplain Pace.
Meeting adjourned at 7:39 pm
- Meeting Agenda October 13, 2014