January 2014 February 2014 March 2014 April 2014 May 2014 June 2014 August 2014 September 2014 October 2013 November 2013 December 2013
Current Meeting Minutes:
VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA
PO BOX 60358
SAVANNAH, GA 31420
Minutes of Meeting
October 13, 2014
Meeting Started at 7:04 PM
Meeting was called to order by President Allen Harvey at 7:04 pm in American Legion Post 135.
Moment of silence for POW/MIAs was observed by all present.
Opening prayer was given by Chaplain Leroy Pace
Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all members.
Minutes from the September meeting were read by Secretary Bob Stark and approved by all.
Treasurer's report - report was given by President Harvey with approximately $3,500.00 in the bank. It was announced that we now have enough orders for bricks to be done and we will be ordering them.
1. Poppy Drive - announced that we received approximately $ 800.00 in the last drive.
2. Membership dues for the POW/MIA League of Families was reported as not paid.
3. The POW/MIA Ceremony was completed and was one of our better ceremonies with the attendance of the 3rd Aviation Combat Brigade present.
4. Veteran of the year - Henry Mc Gowan was completed and nominated to the Veterans Council.
Unfortunately, Henry was not named as the Council representative.
1. Bud Hunt made a motion to pay Patriot Paws the Dog Fund and was seconded by John Enfinger. Motion carried.
2. Motion was made by Bud Hunt with a second by Joe Pritchard to have a pot luck Christmas Party the same day as our meeting which is December 8th. Motion carried. Bud and Jane will be organizers of the party.
3. It was announced that the Veterans Day Memorial service will be held at the Monument on Sunday, November 9th.
4. This year's Veterans Day Parade will be held on Tuesday, November 11th. It was announced that American Legion Post 135 will have donuts and coffee before the parade at 8:00 AM and a luncheon after the parade. Motion was made by O.C. to give the Post $250.00 to help with expenses. Motion was approved.
ROTC Committee - Jerry Walker reported that we will have to get a new vendor for the ROTC awards after this year.
Tee Shirt - It was reported that the tee shirts for this year are currently being printed. We should be receiving them shortly.
Veterans Council - Report was given by Bob Stark.
Events and Fundraising - No further fundraising projects for the remainder of 2014.
Good of the Order
It was announced that Mike Jones will be installed as Treasurer pro tem until the elections to be held in April.
A motion was duly made and seconded to purchase a new eagle for the American Flag we carry in the parades. Bob Stark will make the purchase.
Novembers meal will be prepared by Joe Pritchard.
Flag was saluted by all.
Closing Prayer was given by Chaplain Pace.
Meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm
- Meeting Agenda October 13, 2014